Monday, October 22, 2007

When you are tired...

What do you when you are tired after having lectures 4 lectures in a row, and you come back to your office rather exhausted?

I for my part do one of four things:
1. I might sit down, trying to prepare myself for the next day, -or
2. I might go to the library and look around to see if there have arrived some interesting new books, or peruse the new journals to see if there are some articles or relevant book reviews I should be informed about; or
3. I might browse a little on Amazon to see if I can find some new books there, or have a look at Google Books, or even order some books from my Amazon Wish list.
4. I might even go home, pick up my golf clubs and go to one of the golf courses near by; most probably this one. In the weekends I love to go to this one, where I am a member.

Last Friday I chose # 2 first; I went to the Library. Looking at the Bookreviews in Journal for the Study of the New Testament I found two studies on 1 Peter I have to put on my reading list for the next term: J.De Waal Dryden,
Theology & Ethics in 1 Peter: Paraenetic Strategies for Christian Character Formation. (WUNT, 2.209; Tubingen, Mohr Siebck, 2006. Pp226

Bonnie Howe,
Because You bear This Name: Conceptual Metaphor and the Moral Meaning of 1 Peter (BINS 81; Leiden, 2006. pp 406.


Then I went home, got my golfclubs, and went to the Randaberg course!

No comments: