
Robert L. Webb reminds me (in the comments field to a posting below) about a new book on 1 Peter to be published:
Robert L. Webb (ed.),
Reading First Peter with New Eyes: Methodological Reassessments of the Letter of First Peter (Library of New Testament Studies) Continuum International Publishing Group - T & T C (5 Oct 2007). 224 pp, $140.00/£70.
The book is the result of papers read at a SBL Annual Meeting last year, a conference I was not able to attend. However, Webb was so kind last fall as to send me a copy of some of the papers presented, and this book comprises 5 of these seminar papers.
Here is the book's table of contents:
M. Eugene Boring - "Narrative Dynamics in First Peter: The Function of Narrative World"
Troy W. Martin - "The Rehabilitation of a Rhetorical Step-child: First Peter and Classical Rhetorical Criticism"
Robert L. Webb - "Intertexture and Rhetorical Strategy in First Peter’s Apocalyptic Discourse: A Study in Socio-Rhetorical Interpretation"
David G. Horrell, Lecturer in New Testament, University of Exeter - "Between Conformity and Resistance: Beyond the Balch-Elliott Debate Towards a Post-Colonial Reading of 1 Peter "
Betsy Bauman-Martin - "Speaking Jewish: Postcolonial Aliens and Strangers in 1 Peter"
Bibliography
If you go to Amazon.co.uk, you can also search the book, and read excerpts of its contents. I have read the papers, but as I have not yet seen the book, I will not comment further on its chapters.
I was happy to see, by a search via Amazon, that my book (cf. right frame here) was cited; but I was not that happy with the fact that they didn't get the title correct (I was was so proud of that little change I made: Strangers in the Light, (not Night, as in Sinatra's song..)
Well, I am nevertheless looking forward to see the book!
No comments:
Post a Comment