Next coming up is some comments on the recent commentary on 1 Peter published by Joel. B. Green; cf my comments in a previous posting.
The commentary series, according to the blurb on its backcover, to be described thus: "Seeking to bridge the existing gap between biblical studies and systematic theology, this distinctive series offers section-by- section exegesis of the New Testament texts in close conversation with theological concerns. Written by respected scholars, the volumes aim to help pastors, teachers, and students engage in deliberately theological interpretation of Scripture."
These are great goals, but can they be achieved, and how are we to evaluate the commentary by Green? Stay tuned, more is to come.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Prof. Seland,
I was leafing through some journals today, and I thought of you. In JBL 126.2 there is an article by D. Horrell on 1 Peter and the term "Christianos". I thought you might be interested.
sincerely,
Michael
Post a Comment